Thursday, September 13, 2012

Spumante Surprise



At a wine tasting this week I saw the top of what appeared to be sparkling rose, and I couldn't wait to try it. That is until the wine rep pulled it out of the ice and I saw the word "Spumante". When I hear or see the word "Spumante", I automatically make a face inside of my head. My first thought is "this is going to be really sweet." I prefer my Prosecco or any bubbles for that matter, to be dry.

Looking at the other wines on the table, I knew there was quality at hand so I decided to let go of my pre-judgement and give it a go. I could always dump if it was a dud. I'm so glad I didn't have to. This Zardetto Spumante Rose from Veneto, Italy, was not only a beautiful raspberry color, but had a fresh raspberry flavor with a little spice. It's easy to drink and easy on the wallet; in the $15 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment