Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wine Wednesday and World Cup

On this World Cup Wine Wednesday when Argentina beat the Netherlands in a thrilling shootout, I was pulling for Argentina because I love the wine, the food and the people of that country. That is not to say I didn't have fun with the people, food and ummmm "coffee" in the Netherlands but I had to pick a side.

Plus every time Argentina played during the tournament, I turned it into an excuse to drink some Malbec (as if I needed one) and I really wanted a glass today. However, finding my Argentinian stash unavailable, I turned to a neighboring South American country for some help, Chile!

On a hot summer day, the Casas del Bosque Reserve Sauvignon Blanc was just the ticket, especially if you like a citrus bomb. It explodes with grapefruit, with lots of acidity, minerality and a touch of spice. Put a good chill on this affordable white, in the $15 range, and enjoy.

The Grand Reserva Cabernet was an even better treat (in the $20 range) with a beautiful ruby color. Just as lovely as the color were the fruity flavors of black cherry and raspberry, with a rich coffee finish. The slightly minty nose was also a fun touch. In Southwest Florida, find this one at Decanted wine store and Sunshine Cafe.

Pizza Fusion has Casas del Bosque Reserve Pinot Noir; I'll be trying that one next!

CHEERS!



2 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is one of the best post i have read so far.

    visit:Baacco The Community Based Wine Marketplace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving the information. It's very helpful for me.
    santa barbara wine tours are the #1 attraction for visitors to Santa Barbara and we are the #1 Wine Tour Company. We run daily wine tours from Santa Barbara to the Santa Ynez Valley. Our wine tasting tours are the best, they are fun, educational, and comfortable. Discover wine tours Santa Barbara style.
    Friends, if you like to know more about santa barbara wine tours. please visit our website

    ReplyDelete