Tuesday, August 16, 2016

National Rum Day With Jumbie Splash

Today is National Rum Day, a perfect time to celebrate the spirit that screams party. 

With deep respect for the sanctity of such a day as today, I could not help but experiment with two flavors of Jumbie Splash; coconut and pineapple. 

The Caribbean rum is barrel-aged and infused with natural fruit creating a sweet and festive mixer or an equally good sipper, on the rocks. This was a new brand for me so I tried it both ways, in the interest of science of course.

Using Pina Colada as an inspiration, I mixed equal parts of the Coconut Splash and the Pineapple Splash, a squeeze of lime and some club soda for tropical treat. If I had had some cream and vanilla, the combination of these would be a great Pina Colada-type cocktail indeed.

Jumbie also has a mango and vanilla flavor and runs about $15 a bottle. It's a fun spirit for home mixologists who like flavors and like being creative, especially in these hot summer months. I'll be perfecting a rum punch next so stay tuned. 





No comments:

Post a Comment