Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumkin Pusher

I have friends who encourage me, love me, hug me and feed me....Bob Grissinger, owner of Bennett's Fresh Roast, does all of those things, then insults me; to keep me grounded. I expect it and in a strange way even look forward to it. After all, I put up with it for 15 years as his morning show partner on 969-9 WINK FM. But that's another story.

I shared that background so you will appreciate the torture I was put through today during my almost daily visit to his AMAZING coffee shop in Fort Myers, FL. I was quite proud of my early morning run, getting back into a good routine of health and fitness.


He rolled his eyes, nodded to an employee and within seconds his new Pumpkin Spice Donut was in my face, taunting me. I stared it down, but eventually gave in to it's evil temptation. The reward, a mouthful of creamy, delicious pumpkin custard. The seasonal treat is topped with vanilla icing, then a sprinkling of nutmeg.

It's only around for a limited time so be sure to stop in and give it a try. Pair it with a hot, rich cup of his freshly roasted Columbian Coffee and you will be set. Heavenly.

2 comments:

  1. HEllo I'm droolin over here....no fair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Will he have them the entire holiday season?

    ReplyDelete