Friday, March 8, 2013

BIG Burgers

This week we celebrated the One Year Anniversary at Ford's Garage in downtown Fort Myers, FL, with a big street party. I saw WE because I am on the menu, I have a burger of fame. When my burger was unveiled last year, I knew I had truly made it in life! It was called the "Low Carb-Uretor", no buns. I often joked it was because I have enough of my own. It's a juicy, black angus burger with caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, pickles and tomatoes, wrapped in iceberg lettuce. I loved that burger because I had no guilt when I ordered a side of delicious truffle fries. I put in a pitch for the "Birch Blue Cheese Burger" but appropriately enough, that one goes to the Sheriff. It's called the Black-N-Blue..

As we move into year two, I get to stay on the menu, just a slight change to an even more healthful dish, the Veggie Burger. It is moist and flavorful with arugula, sun-dried tomato, onion and pickle on a whole wheat bun. During the party, those of us who have a name-sake burger, posed for photos to be hung on the wall of fame or possibly shame.

While burgers are king at Ford's Garage, I really like the beet and goat cheese salad tossed in a tomato tarragon vinaigrette. The Chicken Henry is also a great dish; chicken breast, lemon butter, basil, sun-dried tomato and goat cheese. Belly up to the hand-hammered, copper top bar and order from more than 100 beers by the bottle and on tap. Don't be surprised if the model T hanging from the ceiling lets out a loud honk. The attention to detail in the decor of Ford's Garage is impressive, down to the gasoline pumps in the bathroom. Ford's is in the process of opening a second location in Cape Coral, with more to come. Congratulations!

I love it when my friends text me to tell me they are ordering my burger. What I really love is texting back in all caps BITE ME!


Ford's Garage on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment