Friday, July 5, 2013

Wine Wednesday on Friday, Nickel & Nickel

So I didn't post my Wine Wednesday feature on Wednesday. Everyone gets a free pass on a holiday week right? I have been so blessed to spend the 4th of July holiday with dear friends; dear friends who also share a love and passion for wine. More specifically, a love for Nickel & Nickel from California.

I've always been a fan and have consumed lots of different vineyard selections so when I was told to "pick whatever you want", I think I squealed and jumped a little.

I stood in front of their amazing NEW wine wall and took a few deep breaths as I studied the labels that stretched from floor to ceiling in a neat row, all Nickel & Nickel; Martin Stellng, Ponzo, Bonfire, Dragonfly, Harris Vineyard, etc.

I  must of stood there much longer than I thought because there was a shout from the kitchen, "If you don't hurry up and pick one, I'm gonna do it for you." YIKES! So I reached in and grabbed a 2003 Regusci Vineyard Block 4, one that I have never seen before.

We gave it a little aeration and started tasting it. At first it was a bit perfume like, with lots of raspberries. As it opened, I got more dark fruit and tannins. It was nicely balanced and a pure delight to my taste buds. FANTASTIC! Even more of a delight was the company I was able to share it with. Thanks Ali and Jonathan, "I love you more than my luggage".


Nickel & Nickel in the middle!

3 comments:

  1. Better late than never :) With Wine Wednesday. So what if its on a Thursday...or Friday...We love hearing from Gina any day of the week with her blogs! Love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you more than your luggage as well! Great seeing you, my SIG! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete