Monday, September 20, 2010

More Than A Mouthful


Thanks to the nice gentleman at the bar in Cru who shared this delicious wine with my friends and me! The 2007 Buccella Cabernet has consistently received ratings in the mid to upper 90’s since its release and now I know why!

The nose was toasty. The wine was full-bodied with some smoke, licorice and black fruit! The finish lingered in luscious layers! I wish I could’ve sipped and swirled a little longer! Like many big Cabernets the flavors were just starting to explode when I got to the bottom of my glass. The wine definitely needs to open so be patient if you buy a bottle. If you can really be patient, cellar it! With more time in the bottle this wine will REALLY knock your socks off!

There were only 1,110 cases produced and a bottle will cost you about $150 retail. Buccella is Latin for “mouthful” and it certainly is!

No comments:

Post a Comment