Friday, January 13, 2012

Love The Label

I was at a wine tasting this week and got to sample a lovely Riesling from Milbrandt Vineyards, in Washington State. It's a fruity Riesling, but not too sweet. For example, I tasted juicy apricots but also crisp citrus for a nice balance. I was dying to have a plate of spicy red curry from my favorite Thai restaurant with this wine.

I was looking at the bottle, taking notes when the distributor said, "Here take this". She ripped a perforated piece of the label off of the back, to my surprise, and handed it to me. The band-aid sized paper had such pertinent information as the grape, the year, a few tasting notes, a pairing suggestion and vineyard website.BRILLIANT! I wish all bottles had this.

I'm currently working on an article for "Times Of The Islands" Magazine about wine labels and Milbrandt, for sure, will be one of the wines I include. If you have any favorites for labeling, please share them with me!


***COMMENTS: Thanks to all my Facebook friends for posting so many great comments. I would LOVE it if you could also post your comments here on this blog site. Many people tell me they posted and it never showed up. Disappointing for us both. So click comment, type your comment, check the box that says "comment as" then hit post. If a word verification box does not appear next (a scrambled word to retype) your comment did not post. Thanks!

1 comment: