Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wine Twits and Tweets

Thank you Twitter for introducing me to a new friend, Lulu B.

Many of us have a love/hate relationship with social media. Keeping track of all of those sites is like a second job; and sometimes an annoying one. I love my friends and appreciate my business contacts but I really don't need to know every detail of every minute of every day. Just hit me with the good stuff!

I've had a Twitter account for quite some time but only recently started to "get it". Sure some people mindlessly tweet about needing of a cup of coffee but more often than not, you'll find people who tell you where to find the best cup (Bennett's Fresh Roast). Now that's something I can embrace!

And that is how I stumbled across Lulu B. wines. I've seen them in a grocery store I frequent, have been attracted by the label, but for whatever reason wasn't moved to put one in my basket. That is until I started tweeting with Lulu B herself, or is it her intern? Either way, the social networking worked for us both. Lulu B. got a sale and I got a great bargain wine.

I bought a Pinot Noir, a Malbec and spent less than $20. The Malbec was perfect for a night at home with pizza and friends. It was full of nice dark fruit and went down easy. According the website
it "pairs well with fabulous". I would agree. I'll uncork the Pinot tonight.

I'm not advocating Twitter above any other social media. However, if used properly, it's a great source of information and networking. I've been introduced to new music, recipes, wines and bloggers; the things I'm interested in and passionate about. Just start following people and businesses with similar interests and see what opens up for you. Start with me: @ginabirch

No comments:

Post a Comment