Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wine Wednesday, Sexual Chocolate

When I got an email from my friend Steve this week to taste a wine called Sexual Chocolate I have to admitted i pursed my lips and furrowed my brow wondering what the heck I would be drinking. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised today to sip on this cheeky red blend of Syrah, Zinfandel and Petite Syrah.

It wasn't just the wine that got me, but also the lively winemaker, Brandon Allen, on the left. He started making wine in his backyard at the age of 19, while he was in college. Allen says, "I was trying to impress the girls." Hence the name. Before long, his friends started buying the wine, their friends started buying it, their parents started buying it and now people are buying it thousands of miles away, in Southwest Florida.

Allen's goal is to make a wine that is "fun and not pretentious. It is both. The blend is smooth and easy to drink, with lots of dark fruit. It retails for under $30 and you can find it at restaurants like Blue Coyote, Twisted Vine and Yabo in the Fort Myers area, to name a few. Happy Wine Wednesday. CHEERS!






No comments:

Post a Comment